Borg Manufacturing is a leading Australian manufacturer of melamine panels, medium density fibre board (MDF), mouldings, doors, shelving and joinery components.
Borg Manufacturing appointed The Wattly Group for an energy optimisation project to provide upfront consulting, measurement and verification, and certificate creation services. The business was planning to upgrade one of its main dryer fans and needed the support of The Wattly Group to provide expertise around measurement, verification and certificates. The work done by The Wattly Group provided a baseline of data and plan to support the installation of a variable speed drive (VSD) to optimise the fans energy performance.
|Equipment Upgraded||Main dryer fan|
|Annual Energy Savings||$150k|
|Project Payback Period||$300k|
|Certificate||Energy Savings Certificate (ESC)|
- Need for measurement and verification expertise
- Limited understanding of the NSW energy savings certificate process for industrial projects
- Insufficient knowledge on the method of applying for certificates
- Need to develop a business case justifying capital expenditure required to modernising plant
- Certificates paid for the dryer fan upgrade and installation of a variable speed drive (VSD)
- Reduction in ongoing energy costs
- Saving of over 15,000 tonnes CO2e over 10 years