We know our company is nothing without our incredible team members.
At Northmore Gordon, we employ over 30 staff across five offices in three countries. Read more about our story below.
At the core of the business Northmore Gordon is built and driven by the belief that we can combat climate change. Formed in 2009 to join the global effort to reduce emissions through our consultant services. We believe that significant change in combating climate change will be driven by investment into energy efficiency, renewable generation, and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
Why work with us?
At Northmore Gordon, we truly care about our employees, their needs and aspirations. We aim to build an environment where everyone now and in the future has the opportunity to explore, grow and make a difference
Benefits of working at Northmore Gordon
Senior Consultant (Sydney)
Northmore Gordon (NG) helps large business in the industrial sector and built environment decarbonise, reduce energy usage and subsequently costs.
To achieve this, we offer several services including:
- Energy optimisation
- Carbon advisory and accounting
- Measurement and verification (M&V) of proposed decarbonisation and energy efficiency initiatives
- Strategic energy sourcing
- Project delivery support
Visit Northmore Gordon for more information about our company. As the world has finally woken up to climate change, join our passionate team to help decarbonise the Australia and Southeast Asia.
Northmore Gordon requires an experienced Senior Consultant to deliver multiple advisory projects across numerous industries. The role includes a base salary with bonuses depending on performance.
Working under broad supervision, the role requires that you:
- Manage the delivery of projects to achieve project budgets and client outcomes.
- Develop project scopes from proposals into workable project plans.
- Facilitate the delivery of projects.
- Provide leadership and coaching to consultants and associates to achieve agreed time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Provide technical support to the sales team as required including review of proposals to ensure that scope and cost allowances are aligned.
Key Accountabilities Delivery
- Advise, coach, provide technical advice and influence clients in our target markets on energy efficiency.
- Further develop methodologies that have been broadly defined during the proposal stage into workable plans for execution,
- Develop project plans and ensure quality project execution.
- Prepare technical reports, that may include Type 2 energy audits in accordance with AS 3598, Climate Active, or Net Zero Pathways.
- Interview staff in client organisations to understand energy use patterns,
- Perform technical tasks, including:
- Calculate or derive energy consumption of a range of plant in the absence of hard data.
- Complete energy-mass balance calculations, summary tables and diagrams, e.g., Sankey diagrams.
- Isolate process areas with the potential for energy efficiency improvement.
Techniques to identify potential opportunities may include benchmarking, statistical analysis of energy use data, trend analysis, theoretical analysis, and pinch analysis.
- Identify specific actions with potential to decarbonise, improve energy
efficiency or reduce energy costs. Techniques may include changes to production processes, design and selection of substitute mechanical equipment, updates to control methods, load shifting, fuel switching, etc.
- Design and technical reviews.
- Research and providing advice on new energy efficiency equipment and methodologies.
- Coach junior staff to achieve required outcomes.
- Provide peer review of deliverables to ensure appropriate quality.
- Present deliverables to clients.
Project management of projects or assignments, delivering on time, on budget and specification as required to meet stakeholder expectations (outcomes are satisfied clients,
Ability to assume responsibility for an entire project client relationship:
|Application of expertise|
Skills / Knowledge / Attributes
- Self-starter who can take the initiative
- Some level of “entrepreneurial spirit” to get things done and push to get the support they need from the Melbourne office.
- Must be a disciplined self-manager who can work independently
- Loves working with data and manipulating spreadsheets.
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of industrial and commercial sectors and equipment desirable
- Passionate about the clean technology & energy efficiency sector highly desirable
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical preferred but not required) or
- Bachelor of Science with experience working in engineering fields or equivalent or
- Measurement and Verification qualification or experience using the International Performance
Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP)
- Advanced capabilities with MS Excel and MS Word
- Good MS Teams knowledge
Consultant (Melbourne, Newcastle, Singapore)
Northmore Gordon is a leading energy and carbon consultancy with offices in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney and Newcastle), Singapore and the Phillipines. We work with large-scale clients in the industrial and built environment sectors to reduce energy costs while transitioning to more sustainable enterprises.
Northmore Gordon provides a range of key energy-related services, including: technical services through energy audits, feasibility studies and implementation support; energy management and carbon strategy; and assistance in energy certificate creation and grant applications.
Our consultants have decades of collective global experience working with a broad array of energy intensive industries on the ground floor and in the boardroom to support the progress to energy and carbon sustainability. Our team is passionate about energy sustainability and conserving our environment – we hold this at the heart of everything that we do.
An Consultant role is now available in our Melbourne office.
The position will involve working with Senior Consultants to deliver projects across a range of industries, including water treatment, food processing, transport and manufacturing sectors. Project work will include technical tasks, such as energy auditing/efficiency opportunity identification and data analysis, as well as communication-centric tasks in energy management systems and liaising with clients. Projects typically include some site work, which may include occasional interstate and intrastate travel.
- Bachelor of Engineering (or higher) qualification, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Self-driven, with strong task-management skills
- Eagerness to learn and develop both technically and professionally
- Understanding of electrical and thermal energy systems, e.g. refrigeration, motors, pumps, steam systems
- Experienced with MS Excel – experience with Python or VBA is beneficial
- Strong written communications skills, with experience in professional report writing
- Highly reliable – ability to perform under pressure when necessary
- Enjoys working in a team environment, whilst maintaining an independent workload and responsibilities
- Interest in working in the sustainable energy field
- 2-4 years workplace engineering experience
- Prior experience working in consulting will be viewed favorably
Why work with us?
Northmore Gordon is a team of highly driven engineers, united by the desire to make a difference in the increasingly important field of sustainability and energy-related carbon emissions.
With Northmore Gordon, you will gain experience working with many of the country’s largest energy consumers. With these businesses you will be analysing data and providing recommendations on energy management strategies, energy efficiency technologies/methods, and renewable energy systems.
You will be supported by a team of well-established and highly experienced Consultants with expertise in these critical Australian and international industries.
Numerous opportunities for onsite work and gaining practical experience in energy consulting offer a multitude of career options within this fast-expanding industry.
Flexible working arrangements are available.
Graduate and Intern Program
Looking for some on-the-job experience? We’re open to internship applications! If you’d like to enquire about graduate or internship opportunities, please fill out the application form below, attach your CV and a cover letter, and a member of the Northmore Gordon team will be in touch.