We know our company is nothing without our incredible team members.
At Northmore Gordon, we employ over 30 staff across five offices in three countries. Read more about our story below.
At the core of the business Northmore Gordon is built and driven by the belief that we can combat climate change. Formed in 2009 to join the global effort to reduce emissions through our consultant services. We believe that significant change in combating climate change will be driven by investment into energy efficiency, renewable generation, and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
Why work with us?
At Northmore Gordon, we truly care about our employees, their needs and aspirations. We aim to build an environment where everyone now and in the future has the opportunity to explore, grow and make a difference
Benefits of working at Northmore Gordon
Principal (Sales) in Singapore
- Carbon Advisory Services to help companies set and meet carbon targets
- Energy Sourcing and Procurement to help companies buy energy, carbon offsets and RECs
- Energy Optimisation to help companies reduce energy costs
- Project Support to help companies deliver energy and carbon projects
- Environmental Certificates to help companies create RECs and carbon offsets
- Minimum 7 years of experience in selling energy/carbon advisory or professional services to industry
- Articulate and well presented.
- High quality spoken and written communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- High-level understanding of industrial and commercial equipment using electricity, gas and other fuels
- Establish scopes, payment terms and contracting arrangements with clients
- Negotiation skills
- Ongoing account management skills
- Ability to maintain client relationships & work through account issues and needs
- Develop & provide input / requirements for sales & marketing collateral
- Understanding of collateral required to drive sales
- Identify new needs of clients and provide input / requirements for new product development.
- Feedback to the sales and marketing team for new product development
- Engineering degree or higher qualification
- Strong experience in MS Word, and MS Excel for proposals & analysis
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Knowledge of the Southeast Asian industrial and commercial sectors
- Passionate about the clean technology, energy efficiency and combatting climate change
- Experience with CRM for sales pipeline advantageous
Senior Consultant (Newcastle)
To achieve this, we offer several services including:
- Energy optimisation
- Carbon advisory and accounting
- Measurement and verification (M&V) of proposed decarbonisation and energy efficiency initiatives
- Strategic energy sourcing
- Project delivery support
- Manage the delivery of projects to achieve project budgets and client outcomes.
- Develop project scopes from proposals into workable project plans.
- Facilitate the delivery of projects.
- Provide leadership and coaching to consultants and associates to achieve agreed time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Provide technical support to the sales team as required including review of proposals to ensure that scope and cost allowances are aligned.
- Advise, coach, provide technical advice and influence clients in our target markets on energy efficiency.
- Further develop methodologies that have been broadly defined during the proposal stage into workable plans for execution,
- Develop project plans and ensure quality project execution.
- Prepare technical reports, that may include Type 2 energy audits in accordance with AS 3598, Climate Active, or Net Zero Pathways.
- Interview staff in client organisations to understand energy use patterns,
- Perform technical tasks, including:
- Calculate or derive energy consumption of a range of plant in the absence of hard data.
- Complete energy-mass balance calculations, summary tables and diagrams, e.g., Sankey diagrams.
- Isolate process areas with the potential for energy efficiency improvement. Techniques to identify potential opportunities may include benchmarking, statistical analysis of energy use data, trend analysis, theoretical analysis, and pinch analysis.
- Identify specific actions with potential to decarbonise, improve energy efficiency or reduce energy costs. Techniques may include changes to production processes, design and selection of substitute mechanical equipment, updates to control methods, load shifting, fuel switching, etc.
- Design and technical reviews.
- Research and providing advice on new energy efficiency equipment and methodologies.
- Coach junior staff to achieve required outcomes.
- Provide peer review of deliverables to ensure appropriate quality.
- Present deliverables to clients.
|Project management||Project management of projects or assignments, delivering on time, on budget and specification as required to meet stakeholder expectations (outcomes are satisfied clients, profit for Northmore Gordon and a growing and motivated project team):
|Customer relationships||Ability to assume responsibility for an entire project client relationship:
|Application of expertise||
- Self-starter who can take the initiative
- Some level of “entrepreneurial spirit” to get things done and push to get the support they need from the Melbourne office.
- Must be a disciplined self-manager who can work independently
- Loves working with data and manipulating spreadsheets.
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of industrial and commercial sectors and equipment desirable
- Passionate about the clean technology & energy efficiency sector highly desirable
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical preferred but not required) or
- Bachelor of Science with experience working in engineering fields or equivalent or
- Measurement and Verification qualification or experience using the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP)
- Advanced capabilities with MS Excel and MS Word
- Good MS Teams knowledge
Senior Accountant (Melbourne)
A chance to join a company passionate about addressing climate change through energy efficiency and renewables that improve our clients’ bottom line.
Northmore Gordon Group, consisting of Northmore Gordon Environmental Pty Ltd, Northmore Gordon Pty Ltd and Northmore Gordon Pte Ltd (Singapore), provides Advisory and Environmental Certificates for companies and suppliers looking to decarbonise and reduce energy costs. The Group has over 30 staff across Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Singapore (NG Pte) and the Philippines. The business has been brought into a single management structure with further steps likely to be taken to consolidate the employees into a single business.
Northmore Gordon Environmental Pty Ltd (“NGE”) was founded in 2012 (formerly named Wattly Pty Ltd) and is accredited under a wide range of Government programs involving “carbon credits” from energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy projects. These certificates are tradable financial instruments that are generated from equipment upgrades and help fund the projects.
NGEs speciality involves accreditations under the different programs, expert knowledge of these programs, and trading of the certificates. NGE “clips the ticket” on the registration and trading of these certificates for projects for suppliers, installers, and energy saving companies.
Northmore Gordon Pty Ltd (“NGA”) is fully owned subsidiary of NGE. And a specialised consulting business that helps industrial companies and large commercial businesses reduce energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions. The NG offering includes energy audits, feasibility and engineering assessments, project delivery, and access to government grants
NG is an engineering consulting business with a strong discipline. Sales and billable targets are tracked through various systems. NG income comes from large industrial and commercial clients, audit programs run by state governments, and decarbonisation or Net Zero projects.
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a hands-on accountant who has overall responsibility for all day-to-day finance and admin aspects of the group businesses and will be supported by 1 direct report in Philippines.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable (approval of bills & invoices)
- Manage and chase outstanding debtors
- Run Monthly payroll and quarterly Superannuation processing
- Month-end general ledger reconciliation and management reporting
- Assist in Year End accounts and closure
- Liaise with external accountant and agencies for taxation,
- Preparation and submission of payroll tax, insurances and quarterly BAS
- Ensure all statutory and compliance requirements such as BAS, Superannuation, Workcover, Business Insurance, Payroll Tax, Income Tax, Single touch payroll and EOFY formalities are fully complied and met.
- Manage loan agreements and interest payments between companies and external debt facilities.
- Liaise with the banks for the business’ requirements on accounts and credit cards.
- Ensure all employee entitlements are appropriately tracked and accounted for.
- Ensure Service Area are allocated for all transactions
- NGE specific responsibilities include
- Reconciliation and management of energy certificates in the Xero Inventory module
- Maintain daily Cashflow and certificate inventory forecasting (existing system)
- Verify billing run each week (payments for energy efficiency activities)
- Process weekly batch payment
- NG specific responsibilities
- Managing work in progress invoicing to clients
- Manage work in progress project book and prepayments with NG
- Review client contracts
- Liaise with suppliers and customers and internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Prepare KYC documents
Depending on skill set potential areas to expand the role, if of interest, include HR support, Data Security, Data Privacy, IT audit responsibilities, or contract support and vetting.
NG has a finance admin based in the Philippines who is responsible for entering invoices, bills, expenses. NG uses Xero for accounting and inventory management system. NG used Mission Control (Salesforce addon) to manage all projects.
The role will suit an enthusiastic accountant with strong analytical and communication skills looking for more varied role. Working from home on some days each week will be acceptable once all the components of the role are well understood and being performed successfully and to a high standard.
The position is based in Cremorne, Victoria, approximately 500m from Richmond train station. NG are based in a very enjoyable co-working space known as “Launchpad”.
You must be able to work in Australia to apply.
Work experience and skills
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with Xero
- Data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of AFSL requirements an advantage
- Good communication skills (spoken and written)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of CRM systems favourable.
- Experience in MS Office suite, Google Drive, Dropbox useful
- A ‘can do’ attitude and eye for details
- Passionate about the clean technology and energy efficiency sector
- CPA or CA qualified
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com only.
Compliance Manager (Melbourne)
Northmore Gordon (NG) helps large business in the industrial sector and built environment decarbonise and reduce energy costs. We help large energy users and channel partners calculate the savings in carbon emissions and energy. We a seeking a compliance manager to lead our team with responsibility for our environmental certificates, energy tendering and verification, and regulatory compliance.
Northmore Gordon needs a driven self-starter with great management and communications skills and a very high attention to detail to join our dynamic team tackling climate change. Reporting to the General Manger, the role involves all responsibilities of day-to-day compliance operations.
Visit https://northmoregordon.com/ for more information about our company. We work with some of the biggest commercial and industrial businesses in Australia and overseas. The whole world has finally woken up to climate change. Join our passionate team to help decarbonise the Australia and Southeast Asia.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Manage the compliance team based in the Philippines and their performance, ensure good culture, practices & communication
- Ensure weekly certificate processing achieved, issues resolved and billed
- Training and development of staff
- Monitor certificate creation numbers for key programs (VEU, ESS, RET)
- Responsible for Quality Assurance processes
- Internal Desktop, Phone, Field, and Quarterly Audits
- Audit compliance with internal processes
- Coordinate and managing external scheme administrator audits
- Liaise with the different scheme administrators / regulators
- Manage the external audit process
- Work with external auditors to ensure rapid completion of the audit (usually ~7-8 weeks)
- NSW ESS requires independent auditors to be engaged to audit a sample activities.
- Under VIC VEU the Regulator undertakes audits and an approximately annual basis.
- Providing feedback and aid the development of existing and new offerings
- Continuous improvement of existing operational processes (compliance, audit,
- Ensure processes are in use throughout the teams and meet their requirements
- Ensure all regulatory changes are integrated into NG’s processes & communicated to stakeholders
- Facilitate key reporting for partners
- Understand evolving requirements from partners & regulatory changes
- Drive new feature development and integrate
- Energy tendering management
- Manager energy tenders with retailers on behalf of customers
- Ensure regular energy data checks are performed
- Give feedback to clients on their energy use
- Document systems, processes, and conduct internal training
- Regulatory compliance
- Document systems, processes, and conduct internal training
- Manage ongoing requirements for external compliance,
Work experience and skills
|Ensuring partner compliance & Manage of the Audit Process|
|Manage of the Compliance team|
|Working with large customers and Government Scheme Administrators|
In depth experience with the following software would be useful:
Experience in delivering upgrades under the following program is essential:
Methods that NG are involved in include
|Energy Tendering||Experience in administering energy tenders would be advantageous.|
Degree or equivalent is preferred
Experience in managing people mandatory
- Degree or equivalent is preferred.
This role will be working closely with the general manager, regional, and service area managers, and sales team.
Work Hours & Remuneration
- Based in Melbourne
- This is a full-time role of 38 hours per week – potential for working from home for two days per week.
- Renumeration includes a 20% performance-based component on top of the base gross salary on achieving KPIs (to be agreed). The bonus will be subject to normal PAYG taxes and include superannuation.
- For NGE – Mobile phone, travel (trains, planes, car, uber) and expenses will be remunerated (on terms to be agreed)
- Ongoing professional development is required and additional allocation of costs for this will be made by Northmore Gordon.
- There will be a six-month probationary period. The position may require short periods of domestic and/or international travel at short notice. If travel is required for an extended period, reasonable notice will be provided.
Remuneration will be reviewed annually in July.
Consultant (Melbourne, Newcastle, Singapore)
Northmore Gordon is a leading energy and carbon consultancy with offices in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney and Newcastle), Singapore and the Phillipines. We work with large-scale clients in the industrial and built environment sectors to reduce energy costs while transitioning to more sustainable enterprises.
Northmore Gordon provides a range of key energy-related services, including: technical services through energy audits, feasibility studies and implementation support; energy management and carbon strategy; and assistance in energy certificate creation and grant applications.
Our consultants have decades of collective global experience working with a broad array of energy intensive industries on the ground floor and in the boardroom to support the progress to energy and carbon sustainability. Our team is passionate about energy sustainability and conserving our environment – we hold this at the heart of everything that we do.
An Consultant role is now available in our Melbourne office.
The position will involve working with Senior Consultants to deliver projects across a range of industries, including water treatment, food processing, transport and manufacturing sectors. Project work will include technical tasks, such as energy auditing/efficiency opportunity identification and data analysis, as well as communication-centric tasks in energy management systems and liaising with clients. Projects typically include some site work, which may include occasional interstate and intrastate travel.
- Bachelor of Engineering (or higher) qualification, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Self-driven, with strong task-management skills
- Eagerness to learn and develop both technically and professionally
- Understanding of electrical and thermal energy systems, e.g. refrigeration, motors, pumps, steam systems
- Experienced with MS Excel – experience with Python or VBA is beneficial
- Strong written communications skills, with experience in professional report writing
- Highly reliable – ability to perform under pressure when necessary
- Enjoys working in a team environment, whilst maintaining an independent workload and responsibilities
- Interest in working in the sustainable energy field
- 2-4 years workplace engineering experience
- Prior experience working in consulting will be viewed favorably
Why work with us?
Northmore Gordon is a team of highly driven engineers, united by the desire to make a difference in the increasingly important field of sustainability and energy-related carbon emissions.
With Northmore Gordon, you will gain experience working with many of the country’s largest energy consumers. With these businesses you will be analysing data and providing recommendations on energy management strategies, energy efficiency technologies/methods, and renewable energy systems.
You will be supported by a team of well-established and highly experienced Consultants with expertise in these critical Australian and international industries.
Numerous opportunities for onsite work and gaining practical experience in energy consulting offer a multitude of career options within this fast-expanding industry.
Flexible working arrangements are available.
Graduate and Intern Program
Looking for some on-the-job experience? We’re open to internship applications! If you’d like to enquire about graduate or internship opportunities, please fill out the application form below, attach your CV and a cover letter, and a member of the Northmore Gordon team will be in touch.