BREEF Capital Works Grants for ready-to-go energy projects
The Victorian Government’s $24 million Capital Works Grant program aims to support the implementation of energy efficiency projects by Victorian businesses.
This is part 1 of a 2-part fund. The Fund aims to increase energy productivity and reduce energy costs for Victoria’s large energy using commercial and industrial organisations.
It aims to do this by accelerating the uptake of energy efficiency and demand management technologies, and the participation in demand-side opportunities.
Grants are available for:
- purchase and installation of energy efficiency equipment
- replacement of emissions-intensive equipment with low-emissions alternatives
- purchase of communications and monitoring technology.
Applications will be accepted in two rounds. Applications close on these dates:
- Phase 1: 2pm, Thursday 31 December 2020
- Phase 2: 2pm, Sunday 31 January 2021
To be eligible:
- Applicants must operate in Victoria under an ABN and use above 40 MWh of electricity per year or above 1 terajoule (TJ) of gas per year.
- Only proven technologies that are commercially ready will be funded.
- The program will not fund projects that have already commenced.
- Total scheme budget is $24m. Projects under $2 million will be considered favourably.
- Co funding is not required however co funded applications will be looked upon favourably.