BREEF Energy Demand Management Grant
The Victorian Government’s $7 million Energy Demand Management Grant program aims to support the implementation of energy efficiency projects by Victorian businesses.
This is part 2 of a 2-part fund. The Fund aims to help businesses increase energy savings and reduce energy bills by supporting the cost of energy management systems, energy assessments and implementation of demand management solutions.
It aims to do this by accelerating the uptake of energy efficiency and demand management technologies, and the participation in demand-side opportunities.
Grants are available for:
- technology needed to enable demand response
- feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis of demand response opportunities/capacity
- energy audits and cost-benefit analysis
- metering and monitoring
- implementing steps under/or formal accreditation to the ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems framework.
Applications will be accepted in two rounds. Applications close on these dates:
- Phase 1: 2pm, Thursday 31 December 2020
- Phase 2: 2pm, Sunday 31 January 2021
To be eligible:
- Applicants must operate in Victoria under an ABN and use above 40 MWh of electricity per year or above 1 terajoule (TJ) of gas per year.
- Applicants for support for implementation of energy management systems and related costs (such as sub metering) must also use above 100 TJ of combined electricity or gas per year.
- The program will not fund projects that have already commenced.
- Total scheme budget is $7m. Projects under $500k will be considered favourably.
- Co funding is not required however co funded applications will be looked upon favourably.