This is an Australian wide program that opens on 12 Jan 2022 at 9am AEDT. This grant provides food & beverage manufacturing businesses up to $25,000 to improve energy efficiency practices and technologies and better manage energy consumption to reduce their power bills.
The program can provide grants towards energy efficiency projects, including:
- installing energy efficient equipment (not including solar PV)
- energy audits to identify opportunities
- compressed air system audits
- developing an energy management plan
- feasibility assessments of energy projects (not including solar PV)
Who is this for?
The grant is targeted at small and medium food and beverage manufacturing businesses, Australia wide, with less than 200 employees.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project expenditure (grant percentage).
The minimum grant amount is $10,000. The maximum grant amount is $25,000.
You will only need to contribute to costs if your project costs more than the maximum grant amount of $25,000 or if your project includes expenditure that is not eligible for funding.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
and be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a private company
- a public company
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- a co-operative
- an incorporated, not-for-profit organisation
- an indigenous corporation
- a sole trader
- a partnership
Can I claim certificates alongside this grant?
There are a number of Australian Federal & state government certificate schemes that provide for financial incentives, for businesses to participate in energy savings projects, subject to the grant opportunity guidelines, your business may be able to claim both.
Finding a suitable grant opportunity is just the start of the process of getting funding. Let us help you! The application for each grant is different and the process can take time and effort. Contact us to walk you through everything from, processes, eligibility criteria and the grants, funding and financial assistance available at the moment.