Energy efficiency grants up to $25,000 to improve practices and technologies for small and medium-sized businesses [Opens 6 March 2023]
This federal program offers grants of up to $25,000 to SME's (with up to 199 employees) to improve energy efficiency practices and technologies, and better manage energy consumption and costs. More details below.
Opening date: 6 March 2023 10:00 AM AEDT
Closing date: 19 April 2023 05:00 PM AEDT
The program can provide grants towards energy efficiency projects, including:
- energy audits to identify opportunities
- compressed air system audits
- developing an energy management plan
- feasibility assessments of energy projects
Who is this for?
The grant opportunity is for small and medium sized businesses in Australia, with less than 199 employees.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project expenditure (grant percentage).
The minimum grant amount is $10,000.
The maximum grant amount is $25,000.
You will only need to contribute to costs if your project costs more than the maximum grant amount of $25,000 or if your project includes expenditure that is not eligible for funding.
You can apply if you:
- are an eligible entity
- have an eligible project
- have eligible expenditure
You must also:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a sole trader
- a partnership
You must also:
- be a small or medium sized business with an employee headcount from 1 to 199 employees averaged over any consecutive 12-month period since 1 July 2019
- have consent from the owner of the project location to undertake the project
Your project must:
- be aimed at reducing the energy consumption of your business in Australia
- have at least $10,000 in eligible expenditure
- an energy audit of your site or part of your site
- the design, and installation of energy efficient equipment, including any necessary wiring or other electrical work
- measuring, monitoring and recording energy usage
- the decommissioning or tuning of equipment installed
You can use this grant funding for:
- consultant fees
- purchase of equipment to replace existing equipment, where the new equipment is higher energy efficiency
- costs to decommission, remove and dispose of the old equipment that is replaced
- purchase of equipment or components to help an existing system run more efficiently in regard to energy
- building permits or approval costs to install equipment, where required
- the cost of suppliers and contracted labour undertaking eligible project activities
How to apply
Contact us now to find out