By assessing and understanding your existing energy metering, you can pinpoint gaps in the system and determine how enhancing your metering systems can lead to reduced energy consumption and expenses. The Metering and Monitoring Planning (MMP) initiative presents an opportunity for businesses to identify gaps in their metering systems and explore measures to rectify them.
Each service provider will receive up to $15,000 per metering and monitoring plan depending on the amount of your facility’s annual spend on non-transport energy. Expressions of interest will close once the $1.5 million budget for this initiative is exhausted.
Who is this for?
This initiative is for NSW businesses in the manufacturing or industrial or commercial sector.
You can apply if you:
- have an Australian business number (ABN) and be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- are a business in a manufacturing, industrial or commercial sector if you have a complex energy system that requires a comprehensive metering plan
- are a site or facility located in NSW
- spend more than $200,000 on energy annually per site, including all purchased fuels, except fuel for transport
- have a clear and justifiable objective for developing a metering and monitoring plan
- have a complex energy system in terms of the number of processes, distribution systems, energy types and/or end uses involved
- have no metering and monitoring plan completed under this program for another site/facility of yours that has a similar energy system
If a metering and monitoring plan is for a commercial building:
- only the base building is eligible
- the occupancy certificate must have been issued prior to 1 January 2022