Northmore Gordon Pty Ltd and our related companies (referred to as our, us, or we in this document) recognise that your privacy and the privacy of your data is important and we are committed to protecting any personal and business information that we collect in accordance with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
This statement applies to personal information collected by us in the course of conducting our business, and in collecting and retaining sufficient background data to support the creation of Environmental Certificates:
- Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs) under the Victorian Energy Upgrades program (Victorian Energy Upgrades is a Victorian government energy efficiency program that gives every Victorian household and business the opportunity to receive rebates or discounts on energy saving products. More)
- Energy Saving Certificates (ESCs) under the NSW Electricity or gas savings or both. More Scheme (The NSW Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) provides financial incentives to install, improve or replace energy savings equipment and appliances in NSW households and businesses. The ESS was established in 2009. Financial incentives are in the form of tradeable certificates, called energy savings certificates (ESCs). Generally, householders and businesses who fund energy savings activities transfer the right to create ESCs to Accredited Certificate Providers (ACPs) in return for a discount on the cost of the energy savings activity. The MWh savings from the project determines the number of ESCs that can be created. The ESS works by allowing ACPs to create and register ESCs for energy savings that are supported with appropriate evidence. ESCs are then purchased each year by mainly electricity retailers operating in NSW to meet their share of a legislated annual energy savings target. More)
- Small-scale Technology Certificates (Small-scale Technology Certificate under the Australian Renewable Energy Target.) under the Renewable Energy Target
- Large-scale Technology Certificates (LGCs) under the Renewable Energy Target
- Australian A certificate that is equivalent to 1 tonne CO2-e. Credits often refer to instruments issued under a cap and trade scheme, where companies are allocated credits up to their emission cap. If they exceed the cap they need to purchase more credits. More Units (ACCUs) under the Emission Reduction Fund, or
- Any other certificate under relevant energy efficiency, renewable energy, or carbon abatement scheme
Personal Information We Collect
Under the various certificate programs, we are required to collect personal information directly from clients relating to their staff performing prescribed activities as well details about the end customer’s site (business or residence) including things such as:
- Contact details (name, phone, address, email, domain name/s)
- Business information (e.g. positions, Australian Business Numbers)
- Site photos
- Attendance at events
It is also required that we retain this information for at least six years if that information is used in the creation of Environmental Certificates.
In general, we will collect personal information from you either directly or through the installation partner that completed your installation. If you are providing someone else’s personal information, you must ensure that you have their authority or consent to do so.
Sometimes we collect personal information from a third party if they have consented or would reasonably be expected for us to collect the information in this way, for example from publicly available sources such as websites or telephone directories.
Uses of Personal Information
We commit to only use personal information for the purposes under which it was given it to us and for related, internal management and business purposes.
We do not give information to government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- The customer has consented
- The customer would expect us to or we have told them we will
- It is required or authorised by law (as is the case of the Environmental Certificates)
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for law enforcement
Security and Confidentiality
We implement various security measures that aim to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information, including destroying or de-identifying information that we hold about you when it is no longer required.
Privacy on our Website
In general, you are not required to provide personal information when you visit our websites. However, if you apply to receive information about our services, events and publications, or wish to access our online systems or apply for a job, we may require you to provide certain personal information. Our website may contain links to third parties’ websites, including sites maintained by other industry stakeholders. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures. You will need to review those websites directly to view a copy of their privacy policies.
Pages on our website may be coded with analytics software. This software may collect or hold details of your visits to our site including traffic, location information, pages you visit, weblogs and other communication information, the previous page visited and the type of browser you are using. We do not and will not marry any data collected any personal information. Please note you can browse this website anonymously, without disclosing your personal information.
Use of our widget
Please read our terms and conditions of use carefully before using our pricing widget.
The Board is responsible for establishing and overviewing the Company’s commitment to managing Privacy in accordance with this Policy and for monitoring the performance of the Company with respect to its implementation. The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation to ensure the commitments made in this Policy are being met.
How to Contact Us
Managing Director – 132 Cremorne Street, Cremorne VIC 3121 Australia +61 3 9046 1913
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.