Substantially reduce your energy costs and achieve a much faster payback by upgrading your equipment
What we'll be covering
- Cut fuel costs with a high-efficiency boiler system
- Low maintenance, high efficiency
- Save on maintenance costs and reduce down time
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- It’s time to replace technology that is no longer reliable
- Right-sizing your boiler to meet the current demand
For large boiler replacements or reductions in capacity, talk to us about maximising your funding with Measurement & Verification.
If you have Gas-fired Steam or Hot-Water Boiler you may be eligible for an upgrade.
- Full boiler replacement
- Install an Economiser
- Heat Recovery
- Replace an old burner
- Control system upgrades e.g. O2 Trim, blowdown control
What are the rebates worth?
Here is an example of a boiler payback – Talk to us today to calculate your exact costs and savings. To get a more detailed understanding of payback call us to walk you through your options.
|Without Government Program and Tax Cut||With Government Program and Tax Cut|
|Boiler Cost = $800,000||Boiler Cost = $800,000|
|Annual Gas Savings = $124,000||Annual Gas Savings = $124,000|
|Energy Certificate Rebate = N/A||Energy Certificate Rebate = $110,000|
|Tax Depreciation (20yrs) = $12,000 PA||Immediate Tax Write off = $240,000|
|Estimate of payback is 6.5 years||Estimate of payback is 3.6 years|
Examples of how much you could get back
|Example Upgrades||State + Method||$Value **|
|Upgrade an old 2MW Boiler with new boiler and economiser||NSW & VIC Deemed||$25,000|
|7 MW Steam Boiler (> 20 years old) replaced with new 7 MW boiler > 80% efficiency with economiser and sensor blowdown. Estimated savings of 58,000 GJ over 10 years||NSW Deemed||$125,000|
|Adding an Economiser to a 3 MW steam boiler||NSW Deemed||$17,300|
|Upgrading the Burner in a 3 MW boiler (value maxes out at 3 MW)||VIC Deemed||$11,000|
|2 x 400 kW Council Pool Water Boilers (1,900 MJ/hr gas) upgraded to high efficiency boilers. Estimated 4,000 GJ savings per annum.||VIC M&V||$55,000|
|New 2.95 MW Biomass is plant or animal material used to produce electricity or heat. Examples include forestry by-products, crop waste, animal waste and food processing waste. Biomass is considered a renewable energy fuel if it comes from a sustainably managed source. More Boiler replacement of old gas boiler, upgrade in a glasshouse with abatement of 2,300 tCO2-e PA||VIC M&V||~$450,000|
Talk to us about how you can further reduce your payback with the latest Tax Cuts.
Applicable Building / Sites
- Commercial Buildings HVAC
- Abattoir and Rendering Plants
- Food & Beverage Processing
- Milk & Dairy Production Process
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Textile & Clothing Manufacturing
- Glasshouses & Food Production
- Municipal Swimming Pool
- VIC, NSW (State Scheme)
- Other States (Federal CFI/CSF)
Hamish McGovernGroup Commercial Director
Hamish is driven by innovation and a challenge. With over 5 years in energy efficiency and more than 20 years in IT, he has constantly searched and found new and better ways of doing things.Contact Hamish
- VIC – Victorian Energy Upgrade (VEU) Scheme
- NSW – Electricity or gas savings or both. More Scheme (The NSW Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) provides financial incentives to install, improve or replace energy savings equipment and appliances in NSW households and businesses. The ESS was established in 2009. Financial incentives are in the form of tradeable certificates, called energy savings certificates (ESCs). Generally, householders and businesses who fund energy savings activities transfer the right to create ESCs to Accredited Certificate Providers (ACPs) in return for a discount on the cost of the energy savings activity. The MWh savings from the project determines the number of ESCs that can be created. The ESS works by allowing ACPs to create and register ESCs for energy savings that are supported with appropriate evidence. ESCs are then purchased each year by mainly electricity retailers operating in NSW to meet their share of a legislated annual energy savings target. More)
- AUS – Federal Climate Solution Fund (CFI/CSF)
- Partner with us
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of grant am I eligible to get with a boiler upgrade?
Depending on where your site is you can access one of the state or federal Energy Efficiency Certificate programs.
How do I access the funding?
Like all government programs there are specific evidence and audit requirements to access the funding. These include, photos, test reports, and sign offs. Talk to Northmore Gordon or your installer before your upgrade to make sure you meet all the requirements.
How long does it take for the incentive to come through?
Using one of the Deemed Methods, the incentive payment will take 1-2 month once the boiler is commissioned. Using an Measurement & Verification approach can give a greater incentive but you can expect payment 15 months after commissioning.
Who can access the boiler rebates and incentives?
All business and industrial customers are able to receive incentives under these schemes. Northmore Gordon can work with your installer to access the funding as part of the installation or we can work with you directly.
Am I eligible for a boiler upgrade?
If you have Gas-fired Steam or Hot-Water Boiler you may be eligible for an upgrade
Northmore Gordon partners with businesses involved in boiler upgrades who wish to access the energy efficiency incentives under the state-based schemes.
Northmore Gordon partners with both energy efficiency installation companies, electricians, equipment suppliers and end businesses performing upgrades.