The $400 million Industrial Transformation Stream Program (ITS Program) will support the reduction of scope 1 and scope 2 emissions at existing industrial facilities in regional Australia.
The objectives of the ITS Program are to:
- Support industrial facilities in regional Australia to reduce emissions in line with Australia’s 2030 emissions reduction goals and transition to net zero by 2050.
- Improve technology readiness and commercial readiness of renewable energy technologies, energy efficiency technologies and electrification technologies that will result in a significant reduction in scope 1 and/or scope 2 emissions or improve the energy efficiency of an industrial process or processes.
- Encourage technology demonstration, collaboration and knowledge sharing across industry and/or regions.
- Support upskilling of existing industrial workforce in new decarbonisation activities.
Who is this for?
- Australian Companies, State or Territory owned corporations, or local governments
- projects that occur in regional areas
- projects that directly benefit an industrial facility that is under the operational control of an entity that meets the Corporate Group Threshold for reporting under NGERs
- projects at any new or expanded coal and gas facilities are ineligible
- address Scope 1 and/or Scope 2 emissions
- does not include research
- has not received funding, or is under assessment for funding under (i) Powering the Regions Fund – Safeguard Transformation Stream, (ii) Critical Inputs to Clean Energy Industries (CICEI) Primary Steel Production Sector Stream, or (iii) CICEI – Cement, Lime, Alumina and Aluminium Stream
Projects should be:
- Renewable energy or related technologies
- Electrification technologies
- Energy Efficiency technologies
Open since November 2023, ARENA has allocated $150 million toward the Round 1 Focus Areas for:
- Supporting the decarbonisation of process heat used in industrial processes; and
- Off-road transport decarbonisation.
How it works:
Funding will be deployed in a series of rounds, each supported by a set of focus areas outlining the targeted projects being sought by ARENA. The ITS Program is ongoing and will accept applications that contribute to the Program objectives and align with active ITS Focus Areas.
The ITS Guidelines describe the requirements that must be met to submit an eligible application and the process used to assess merit. Assessment typically involves a two-stage application process (an Expression of Interest (EOI) application and a Full Application).
You can apply if you:
- At the time of applying and throughout the life of the Project, the Applicant must hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an Australian entity incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- have an Australian State or Territory-owned corporation, or a subsidiary of an Australian state or territory owned corporation; or c. an Australian local government or council or an Australian organisation that is purposed with representing and supporting local governments or councils
Reach out to Fernanda Ruiz today.