Our Procurement Specialists have decades of experience in participating in energy markets for the industrial sector and built environment.
Energy markets continually change. Knowing when to go to market for your energy contract, and what questions to ask is hard. Energy Retailers now offering more types of contracts, renewable PPAs, and participation in wholesale markets or Virtual Power Plants.
Companies also have their own physical power generation, energy storage and battery systems, and energy is a critical input to their cost base. Interacting with the energy markets is more complicated than every before.
Companies are also seeking to purchase global Carbon Offsets and Renewable Energy Certificates that help it meet its carbon or renewable energy targets. This is a whole new market where the rules for carbon accounting are changing.
Certificate types, Certificates standards and prices vary 1000% from one market to another. It can be confusing and difficult to know what the best decision is, and how these purchases can be done. Holding accounts with all the global carbon and Renewable Energy Certificate More registries is complicated, expensive, and time-consuming.
If you have a large number of sites, then managing bills, confirming the tariffs for each site, and checking that the charges on these are correctly applied becomes difficult to manage with spreadsheets.
What can we help you with?
Our Energy Tendering Services include:
- Analyse portfolio
- Strategy options paper, and workshop to explore options for PPAs, progressive purchasing, self-surrender of certificates, links to the corporate sustainability strategy
- Energy tendering across energy retailers with negotiation
- Support you in accessing competitive pricing and contract timing
- Support your decision making for supplier selection, and terms and conditions
- Assist in procurement actions (contracting) with selected energy supplier
- Risk assessment